Are you considering entering the Welwyn Drama Festival? Then look no further – use this checklist to guide you!
- Read the Rules of our festival
- Take a look at the stage and technical information (full details to be added in due course)
- Ensure you have support from your drama group
OR create your own production company/team
N.B. Please note that, as we no longer receive local council funding, we are unable to contribute to expenses. We are in the process of applying for funding/sponsorship and would be happy to discuss any opportunities.
- Select a play
- If you wish to enter a new or unpublished play, it may be eligible for our New Play Prize (see rules)
- If necessary, apply and pay for a licence to perform the play
- Complete the entry form 2019 (download)
- There is no entry fee for Welwyn Drama Festival
- Post your Entry Form and a printed original of the script to the Secretary by the closing date (31st January 2019)
- All new plays must include a list of all characters and information regarding the place and time of setting, as well as a brief synopsis
- Apply and pay for the use of any recorded music through PPL UK
- Seek the appropriate permission to alter scripts in any way, and advise the Secretary of any changes
- Find out how your play will be adjudicated in this informative guide from
Jan Palmer Sayer GoDA. (download)
Any questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact us.